Wednesday 15 December 2010

Droughts etc.

Here in New Zealand, a lot of the country is currently in the grips of a drought. We had a winter deluge and then spring arrived and the rain left, completely! It's not pretty out there. I am frantically trying to buy in extra feed as I know our hay cut is going to be completely inadequate (and that's putting it mildly) and I am desperately thinking of things to try and sell to help fund the extra expense. Talk about going from one weather extreme to the next.

I have some photos of the new Connemara girls and baby Aisling (Maude's foal finally has a name, yay!) and you can see in the photos just how dry we are now. Everyone looks good but I am shovelling the food into them to make sure of it!

If anyone reading this fancies a couple of lovely little 2.5 year old heifer cows - cheap to good home - do let me know.

Isla and Cindy
The girls
Cindy
Cindy being leader
More of Cindy being leader
Running
Aisling






with friend (look closely at her shoulder)

No comments:

Post a Comment