Saturday 10 September 2011

I got the Dressage Queen in a flatseat!

Today we have photographic proof that DQ's do jump. I think Karen thought I was joking when I told her she was going to be riding Brennan in a flatseat today. Joking I was not, haha! I am so bummed that the first photo today ended up being a little out of focus but I am sure there will be other jumping pix to come so it is not the end of the world. Karen did a fabulous job today, especially considering that it has been about 17 years since she last jumped (don't you dare tell her I told you that tho!!).

Brennan also tried a new bit today, a Myler, but he told Karen, in no uncertain terms, that he did not like it, so he went back into the Neule Schule. It's a little big but he is happy in it so, until we can find one in his size, it will have to do.

Today was more dressage schooling followed by by a bit of zoom zoom over poles. Brennan was feeling quite 'well' today and, for the first time ever, nearly unseated Karen when he kicked up his heels at one point. I didn't laugh, honest, well not much anyway. I also didn't get a photo of it, darn!








No comments:

Post a Comment